Gothic Triptych (1423)
The frame called Gothic Triptych is typical of the Venetian School rather than the Florentine one. It is hand carved, it has vegetable motifs and is enriched with elements of decoration. Gentile da Fabriano originally manufactured the frame in 1423 to enclose The Adoration of the Kings. The original masterpiece can be seen at the Galleria degli Uffizi in Florence (300cm x 282 cm).